Tuesday 25 June 2013

First Birthday Party

Now we all know that children never remember their first birthday party, so bearing that in mind my sister really wasn't intending to do anything for my niece's first birthday. Also it did come a day before my cousin's wedding and everyone was busy with that. However my mother, brother in-law and sister's father in-law started talking about do something for the occasion. On the actual day we just had an impromptu lighting of candles on a bakery bought cake with just the people who were already over at our house. Then a week later we ended up doing a proper thing at my sister's in-laws. This was an excuse to make up a dessert table, which to be honest me, my sister and her sister in-law were more excited about putting that together than anything else. Here are some pictures from the occasion.

I wasn't going to put any pictures of the impromptu thing but I like this
 picture of my brother in-law light the candle


On the party day, barbecue on the menu


It was lovely eating in the garden 


For the dessert table: Brownies with hearts on made by me 


Biscuits made buy my sister's cousin in-law 


Vanilla cupcakes with strawberries and Thorntons smiles on top of buttercream
made but my sister's sister in-law


The whole dessert table 


Buttons, paper straws and mini spinning wheels  


Chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate buttercream and gold glitter covered cherries, also made by my sister's sister in-law


Even though my niece was actually asleep when we did the actual cake cutting a lot of fun was had. I can't believe my niece is actually 1 years old mashallah, it just seems like yesterday my sister told us she was expecting. Here's wishing her a long, happy and prosperous life inshallah.

1 comment: